ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Covering the basics with Unique Vintage---modest clothing options in a modern world

skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline

I'm back with another addition to my series on places where I find clothing with more coverage. One of my very favorite sites where I continually find beautiful modest clothes is Unique Vintage. I own MANY of their one piece swimsuits which I might feature here at some point, and the heels, skirt, and petticoat I am wearing in this shot are from there as well. 
skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline

Unique Vintage's pieces are a little spendier than what I am accustomed to paying for but they also run sales and deals and honestly, the quality of their pieces can't be beat. If you know anything about me you know I am a sucker for vintage and retro styles so the fact that they sell true vintage clothes and vintage recreated styles has me goo-goo, ga-ga and needing to exercise a lot of restraint so as to not buy everything.

skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline
Now I want to clarify some things about myself and this blog. I have titled this series about "modesty". I find that modesty is subjective and easily misinterpreted. So here are a few things to keep in mind...

1. My version of modesty looks different than it might yours. It might look different even than other women's in my own faith. Modesty to me, means I respect myself, God, and the promises I have made to Him. I dress in a way I would feel comfortable presenting myself to Him. That looks different on different days too, if I am going to church I am going to try and show respect by dressing a little nicer. If I am working out, I am just trying to be comfortable and functional to exercise and keep my body healthy. 

To some I dress in a way that might seem stuffy, old fashioned. I get that and respect it. 
And to others I might dress in a way that is totally scandalous. I get that and respect that too. 
skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline
2. Some people think modest dressing even goes beyond that to not dress in a way that brings any kind of attention to yourself and that style in and of itself cannot be "modest". Some people see it as being completely frugal with the money you spend, and to an extent I try to adhere to that with my wardrobe but it is all relative, and I am sure that to some of those people I am scandalous as well. But they probably wouldn't be reading a fashion blog...

skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline
3. Just because I choose to dress the way that I do does not mean I will judge ANYONE for their own choices to dress in as much or as little clothing as they want to. I also don't think that modesty should be about anyone other than YOU and YOUR choices. Whatever YOU are comfortable with does not have to be explained to anyone else. Everyone is responsible for their own thoughts and actions. The way you or I dress does not give anyone a right to say or do anything to degrade or humiliate us. That says more about the person making the comment or doing something rude than it does about you.

skirt/blouse/heels/purse/belt/crinoline

At the end of the day fashion makes me happy, and finding ways to be creative with it makes me happy. Finding great new places to shop, like Unique Vintage, makes me happy and I just want to share the happiness. 

:)

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally!
    Stone Island Polo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and checking it out, I hope you at least enjoy the blog and come again to see some more suggestions and tips :)

      Delete
  3. Aleirose is An Women Shopping Wear Store Where You Can Buy Best Women Clothes .You Could Buy Dresses , Tops , Bottoms, Swimwear and Lingerie , Shoes , Beauty Products and Accessories .
    clothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog has left its gathering of spectators completely enchanted.
    Lesbian Pride Flag

    ReplyDelete
  5. but there is something common about all type of footwear to everyone.  spreeglee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these all wonderful photographs with us, you are looking so beautiful in these images that you have shared with us, you can buy more fashion product Here bone beads wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don't know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to Feed Burner as well.
    ​pandora one apk for iphone​

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another reason for exclusivity is the way these clothes are sold. Some designers only make their clothes to-order and, while custom order 'spots' are in high demand, the number of these spots (in other words, the number of custom orders that the designer if willing and able to fill) is limited.African Attire

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are truly thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a great deal of methodologies in the wake of going to your post. I was precisely scanning for. A debt of gratitude is in order for such post and please keep it up.  fun birthday ideas

    ReplyDelete
  10. According to shopperTrak one of the reasons why the 2012 black Friday sales dipped as compared to previous years, was because many shoppers skipped the line and shopped on-line.ropa de anime

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your post and I found it amazing! thank! blouse back neck designs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nowadays, a great deal of dishonest online retailers will give clothing low quality for consumers. Far more atrocious, they may use your security illicitly.Kleertjes 

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Babykleertjes

    ReplyDelete
  14. In fact, one may discover items on the web or at retail stores that don't seem like vintage anything at first but might be altered in some manner that would cause it to have that vintage feel to it. But, in the event that one should alter the bit of clothing, it shouldn't be too quite a bit of an alteration.Kinderjassen 

    ReplyDelete
  15. They generally give awesome pictures and point by point depictions of each clothing thing, for example, hues and sizes of ladies' dresses, women church suits, pants,women's tops and pullovers, men's suits, men's dress shirts, and other men's clothing things.cardboard labels

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Organic Clothing from an Eco-Friendly Clothing Brand who offers Premium T-Shirts and Organic T-Shirts in very limited editions. Premium T-Shirts

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. Baby Gate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Estimate is known for its stunning denim go with pants and coats which accompany lashings of trim and pearls and which no other design house can pull off. Malaysia Fashion Brands

    ReplyDelete